When you are ready to choose new glass shower doors, you have numerous options for everything from door-opening styles to glass types. The cost options vary widely too, so your budget will factor into your decision. The staff at Midland Glass and Garage Doors helps you with everything related to your search for new shower doors in Frederick County, MD. Some of the most important choices you will have to decide when you consider your new shower doors include:
- Kind of Frame
- Framed: Framed shower doors are the most common. The frame is typically made of aluminum and surrounds the glass panels. These glass doors open inwardly, an important design factor. Easy to install, framed options come with a track that collects water.
- Frameless: These doors are made with heavy-duty glass that is supported by pivots. There are a number of designs that come with customization options. Also, they open both inwardly and outwardly and are easy to clean.
- Type of Glass
- Clear: The most traditional shower doors use clear glass because it is easy to maintain and lets in a lot of light.
- Frosted: Frosted glass offers the most privacy. It lets in minimal light while one side is etched and the other is smooth.
- Cast: These 3-dimensional glass doors are uniquely designed to ensure that your shower is the focal point of the bathroom.