There are numerous options to consider once you’ve decided you want to have a new glass shower door installed in your home. One way to cull through all of the choices is to ask a professional about all of the following questions and issues so that you feel completely confident in the decision you make.
- You want the shower door that best goes with the floor plan of your bathroom. The options are a sliding door, a door and panel enclosure, or a swinging door. No two bathrooms are exactly alike, so you want to consider how yours will fit with your lifestyle.
- If you are replacing an existing glass door, do you want to update your hardware or eliminate it? Some of the newer glass shower doors in Frederick County, MD, from Midland Glass may not even require a metal frame.
- What kind of glass do you want in terms of thickness? Frameless shower doors become darker as the glass gets thicker. Thinner glass needs a metal frame.
- There are choices in patterns and colors of glass, so you may know what style you want, or you may need time to figure out your preferences.
Whether you want in-stock glass shower doors or custom-crafted shower doors, visit MidlandGlass.net to review the choices you have when you’re ready to upgrade your bathroom.
The garage door in your home or business adds value to your property. In addition to the many uses of your garage, an attractive garage door adds curb appeal and aesthetic value when it’s well maintained and working properly. If you aren’t sure about whether it’s time to replace your current garage door consider the following questions that should help you make your replacement decision.
Does Your Garage Door Sag?
Wooden garage doors are prone to sagging if they have not been regularly maintained. If the wood rots, decomposes, or deteriorates for another reason, sagging can be a serious problem. A sagging garage door, no matter what material it’s made from, is not safe.
Is It Noisy when Opening and Closing?
If your garage door is loud and noisy when it’s opened and closed, it’s probably time for a new garage door or a significant repair at the very least. The shakiness and consistent noise are indications that something is broken in your garage door and need immediate attention.
Difficult to Close and Open
Is your garage door getting harder to open and close in one smooth movement? If so, it’s probably time to replace it rather than going for extensive repairs. If the garage door is relatively new, it might make sense to look into repairs; otherwise upgrading to a new one is the way to go.
Contact Midland Garage Doors when you are asking around about “where to find professionals that provide garage door repair near me.”
When you are ready to choose new glass shower doors, you have numerous options for everything from door-opening styles to glass types. The cost options vary widely too, so your budget will factor into your decision. The staff at Midland Glass and Garage Doors helps you with everything related to your search for new shower doors in Frederick County, MD. Some of the most important choices you will have to decide when you consider your new shower doors include:
- Kind of Frame
- Framed: Framed shower doors are the most common. The frame is typically made of aluminum and surrounds the glass panels. These glass doors open inwardly, an important design factor. Easy to install, framed options come with a track that collects water.
- Frameless: These doors are made with heavy-duty glass that is supported by pivots. There are a number of designs that come with customization options. Also, they open both inwardly and outwardly and are easy to clean.
- Type of Glass
- Clear: The most traditional shower doors use clear glass because it is easy to maintain and lets in a lot of light.
- Frosted: Frosted glass offers the most privacy. It lets in minimal light while one side is etched and the other is smooth.
- Cast: These 3-dimensional glass doors are uniquely designed to ensure that your shower is the focal point of the bathroom.
Welcome to our blog! Midland Glass and Garage Doors has been a reputable, family-run business since 1978. Anne and John Carroll are the current owners, and they are well-known for effective, efficient, and affordable operations. Additional family members are on staff along with a dedicated team of glaziers. We are committed to the 100% satisfaction of our commercial and residential customers in the Washington metropolitan area and throughout Frederick and Montgomery counties.
Custom glass is designed and fabricated in our Frederick, MD, shop. We handle projects of all sizes, scopes, and degrees of complexity. Whether your needs are to replace the windows on a historic building or to help you create your shower doors in Baltimore, MD, we’ve got you covered.
From ideas that include using antique glass for home restoration projects to removing water spots on your home’s windows, we plan to keep you interested, entertained, and informed with the articles on our blogs. Just a few of the forthcoming topics you will find here include:
- How to Choose Your Shower Doors
- The Benefits of Frameless Shower Doors
- Tips for Cleaning Your Glass Shower Doors
Thank you for your interest in Midland Glass and Garage Doors. Check out our portfolio page to see our work on a number of unique projects. Feel free to call us at (301) 846-4188 with your any questions or to discuss your project in detail.